Cats who do not get sufficient exercise and who eat too much can sometimes develop issues with their weight. If you are wondering how to help an overweight cat lose weight, Aleyr Pet Wellness can provide you with the right products to manage weight for your overweight cat. We offer a variety of options for playing with your cat to encourage more physical activity and to feed healthy and low-calorie options for your feline companion.
Finding the Perfect Food for Your Overweight Cat
If you are not sure how to help your overweight cat shed a few pounds, our in-store holistic veterinarian is a great source of information and guidance on how to help an overweight cat lose weight. In most cases, removing dry cat food is a good first step toward managing your cat's weight. These products can often provide added help with reducing your cat's caloric intake and helping your feline companion to stay healthier and happier for many years of purrs and snuggles:
- - Open Farm All Life Stage Wild Caught Salmon Grain Free Wet Cat Food helps cats thrive because it contains more animal protein and less carbohydrates. Open Farm products also tend to contain more fiber, which will help your cat feel fuller and for a longer amount of time.
- - If you prefer to feed your cat raw food, we highly recommend Smallbatch, which can be fed to your cat or dog. Smallbatch Raw Turkey & Veggie Blend Frozen Dog & Cat Food is a great option for reducing the calories your overweight cat consumes.
- - Another great food choice for pet parents wondering how to help an overweight cat lose weight is My Perfect Pet Cooked Cat Food. We recommend the My Perfect Pet Turkey Grain Free Frozen Cat Food. This food is made with fresh whole foods and contains added minerals and natural vitamins to ensure your cat is eating a healthy and balanced diet.
Your veterinarian can often provide you with additional recommendations that can help you manage your pet's weight much more effectively. At Aleyr Pet Wellness, we offer the best low-calorie products to help your overweight cat slim down in the healthiest way possible.
Encouraging Your Cat to Exercise
Lack of physical activity is often at least partly responsible for weight gain in cats. At Aleyr Pet Wellness, we offer an array of toys that can get your overweight cat up and moving to lose weight naturally. Some of our most popular products include the following:
- The Petlinks Feather Flips Feathered Ball Cat Toy is ideally suited for cats with a high prey drive. The ball shape makes it easy for your cat to bat and chase these items around your home.
- Our Petlinks Hypernip Fly Wild Wand Cat Toy With Catnip can inspire even the most overweight kitties to chase the feathers, ribbons and fur at the end of this wand.
If you are looking for information on how to help an overweight cat to slim down and get healthy, Aleyr Pet Wellness has the perfect products to assist you in your goals. To learn more about how to help an overweight cat lose weight, visit our website or call us direct at 813-251-4428. Our team will be happy to work with you to find the perfect options for you and your feline friend.